For Potty-Training Parents, This DIY Natural Solution Lifts Urine Stains Better Than Any Store-Bought Product
Kids| | By Sierra McCleary-Harris
Accidents happen. Whether it’s due to a potty-training misstep, sickness, or even a pet, it’s likely that sometime in your life you’re going to find yourself trying to figure out how to rid a mattress of urine stains. When that day comes, the Inspired Housewife has got your back.
After her sick son had an accident and ruined a brand new mattress, she was on a search for a non-toxic yet affordable stain-removing solution. With this quick-and-easy DIY urine stain remover, your mattress will be pristine and odor-free in no time. Bonus: This mixture even works on pet urine stains! Just follow the recipe below.
DIY Urine Stain Remover
- Measuring cup
- Heavy-duty spray bottle
- 8 ounces of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
- Three tablespoons of baking soda
- One drop of dishwashing liquid (NOT dishwasher detergent)
– Gently swish the bottle to combine the ingredients, being careful NOT to shake the mixture.
– Spray the mixture onto the stain, and wait five to 10 minutes. You should see the stain lift and disappear by then.
Watch the video below to see it in action! Don’t forget to SHARE this post with other potty-training moms.